The innovative store-to-store transfer strategy yielded several key achievements for Rossmann:
- Identification of problematic products with low probability of sales at current locations.
- Only the real overstock, items exceeding two months of inventory supply, were transferred among the stores.
- New branches were stocked by 40% of dead stock and 60% of overstock that were not desired at other branches.
What else is in the Case Study?
- How redeployment of products within the company’s own network improves working capital.
- How to compensate for undersupplied products.
- How to ensure stores have a diverse range of products available for customers.